Skip to main content

She ain't going nowhere.....

Loneliness has always been a a friend of mine, way back when my thoughts were my own and very few people knew of my very existence.  Today the loneliness is back and it's back with a vengeance.

"So what you upto tonight?" Asked John knocking me out of my deep thoughts.
"Nothing much , got some writing to do and the words are at my finger tips and I don't want to lose them." I replied.
John has always wanted the best for me, sort of like the big brother I never had. He opened up his doors to me this time when Mary threw me out for the first time. Who is Mary you ask. Where to start about Mary, well she was my first love and the first person who knew me behind the curtain I raised for most people. What did I do to get kicked out... 
"STOP DAYDREAMING DUDE!!!" John screamed while shaking me. I hadn't noticed I had just wondered off.
"Okay Bro,  since you are determined to stray my thoughts what do you have in mind?" I said hoping he would say something that I could easily get out of. John probably seeing my unenthusiastic look had a one up on me.
"You know we could try out this joint in Karen,  I hear they have karaoke tonight" he said with a knowing grin.
Weird as it may sound, performing songs done by other people in a crowd of drunk individuals while high on various substances has been one of the few ways I have been able to forget even for an instance what problems I had. John knew he had me on that and at that point I had no choice but to tag along.
" Okay John,  you got me on that. So where is this place?" I answered trying to hide my excitement.
"Like I said, it's in Karen and I think it's only been around a couple of weeks. So you in?" He asks a question knowing full well what the answer is.
" I'm in but I can't stay too long so let's take both cars." Just to make it not sound that I have given in too easily.

" Fine with me Bro now clean up and let's go".
From the outside the club looked polite and the parking lot wasn't as empty as you would expect for a Thursday.  We got in , thank God for no cover charge, and got a table on the balcony overlooking a pool with our backs to the dance floor.
You know how you can get someone's intentions for the night by the first drink that he orders. Well John didn't seem to have good intentions when the waitress came over. " Let's have a bottle Ciroc pineapple and a couple of bottles of Fanta pineapple" John said with a smirk.
Despite my protests the bottle was served and I gave in and started on the first glass.
So why was I thrown out you ask, you know that moment when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object? Well that basically describes Mary and I. However much the same we are, we have our own simple differences that spring out every now and then. If you ask me to explain my reason for starting or fanning the friction,  I wouldn't know and I'm sure she wouldn't know either. When it's all said and done I'm sitting here,sipping on premium vodka and listening to drunk people screaming....
A familiar beat started playing all of a sudden, a beautiful set of guitar chords that have uplifted my spirit many times in the past. I didn't turn around, I just let the music soak in while staring into the blue of the well lit swimming pool. The intro complete a beautiful female voice started the words of the song.

" And I'd give up forever to touch you, coz I know that you feel me somehow. You are the closest to heaven that I'll ever be and I don't want to go home right now".
As she sang a tight knot formed in my stomach and I just had to turn around to confirm my fears.

There she stood, in a blue and white strapless dress and blue heels. Her hair tied neatly in a ponytail and her face glowing in the disco lights.  The knot in my stomach grew tighter and I knew not what to do. John had seen her too and was probably regretting bring me out here. I swayed and moved with the beat and lip synced with the lyrics as she sang. I forgot all about the drinks, the people around or even the fact that there was anyone else but her. It was like all the lights were off and only one solitary light illuminating her was on.
The moment she finished her song,our eyes met and I could see the blood rushing to her face, then she started walking towards me. I effortlessly felt like I was floating towards her. We met just at the end of the dance floor and with a few words  I told her how I felt " I ain't going nowhere"
She looked up at me with her big brown eyes and told me she ain't going nowhere........

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Always looking out for number 1

I just got a new job that is sales in nature , my previous job was an I.T. position which gave me a chance to compare the differences between humans and machines. A machine is supposed to be predictable ,with a particular set of inputs you get a particular set of outputs. A human is supposed to be unpredictable where one group wants to go left there is this guy who always wants to go right. However, I realized that machines can be at some point unpredictable while the humans vice versa. A human will be predictable in that every little situation you bring to him will only flow with your idea if and only if it is of some benefit to them. That brings me to the basis of this topic today, number in is you and your immediate interests and issues if importance. With that being said, I would love to burst the bubbles of certain individuals who seem to rely too much on other people. If you are an adult and probably approaching middle age, you are of three different levels of life : accomplis

Why do I do what I do

One of my favorite thought provoking songs is Tracy chapman's "fast car". Those who haven't heard it should go ahead and listen to it, a line in the song states "Leave tonight or live and die this way". It's a hot Monday morning and you are at your desk at work listening to another boring customer who for one reason or the other believes they can get you to do what they want even if it's contrary to all laws or norms. You day dream a bit of where you would rather be at that point in time. Maybe you like mountain climbing and at that very moment you are in the Himalayas with a bunch of Sherpas or you are an avid swimmer crossing the English Channel. You could be anywhere right now but that doesn't seem possible right now on your desk, does it? Why doesn't it seem possible? Well I guess it could be the mortgage you have on your house that needs paying, the car loan that for some reason doesn't seem to go anywhere coz you are upgrading cars