Skip to main content

I AM AN ADDICT.....PART 11- THE CHECK UP

Hi, I am Kevin and I am Addict.

Its been 1,180 days since i shared in this group. I see some familiar faces like Mark over there. Stay strong brother, good to see you are still alive. I guess since only Mark and I laughed, we are the only ones who get it. I see some new faces, hey everyone, and off course our group counselor. For the new people around, a few years a go I hit rock bottom. For those who are yet to get hat feeling it is both the worst feeling in the world and a blessing for those who survive it.
My addiction pushed me to lows that I didn't know. My own self-worth was tied to the feeling that this drug gave me and to be honest I never thought I could be able to let it go. Just to be completely honest , especially for those who just joined the group, you never really stop wanting to use. You will always want that puff, the snort , that one pill that you feel you need to get you through the next minute of your life. The true power of sobriety comes from being able to overcome this feeling. We may not be able to change who we are but we can take responsibility for the things that we do.

Repeat after me

God grant me the serenity to accept he things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference



So why have i come back after all his time. Could be because I had missed you guys but in reality I realized that I couldn't continue doing it on my own. We all have friends, family and loved ones who cant seem to understand why we struggle with things that they can just stop. After a while i felt isolated and i almost slipped a few times. I flirted with the "Just once" story and a few times I almost did it.
Thanks for letting me share.
Hi I am Kevin and I am an ADDICT.....
I am back to keep getting better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She killed him.........................

A man’s primary purpose in life is to provide, both for the present and the future. Often, nothing he possesses naturally is seen as inherently valuable. For a woman, however, the opposite is true, as she is born with much of what is deemed valuable for the species. It's a rather bleak topic to discuss, yet it reflects a truth we have come to understand. Recently, I buried a great man who did everything right, though it wasn’t enough to earn him the long life he so deserved. Born and raised in poverty, he was on his way to becoming the best in his field, until he met someone he couldn't resist. As a child, he encountered a beautiful girl whom he believed could walk on water. Their young love blossomed in the dusty, rural farmlands of western Kenya, only for life’s circumstances to separate them for nearly two decades. During their time apart, he built a foundation that his peers from the village could only dream of. From barefoot maize harvests in the village to excelling at a ...

IT ALMOST DIDNT HAPPEN

The Pachelbel Canon in D Major, the universal sound used at a wedding when a bride to be is walking down the aisle. I know this, because the organist is about to play that right now. This is my wedding, not a practice run and not a dream but my actual wedding. Got the church , the honored guests and my grooms men. My best friend behind me, my little brother behind him and my cousin rounding up the list. All dressed in white as per the bride's instructions and all looking nervous and somewhat unhappy since I don't want to show my true expression and end up looking sheepish on the wedding video. The theme for the wedding is white and gold, not black and blue for those not genetically gifted(Sorry a social media joke that I hope someone gets). The gold was my choice while the white was hers, shocking that I had a say in the wedding but contrary to popular belief about men arranging weddings the colors are holding together. Flowers on the aisles showing white roses with gold bow...

You may be the reason your brother is missing a leg.....

When a new television series comes out the guys producing it want to know whether its a hit or they perform what they call test screenings. Simple enough they put together people representing different demographics and get their feedback. Well I did the exact same thing with the topic of today and It was a unanimous scream of disgust and disbelief. Simply put ,it caught the attention of all the people I tested it on. Just to give my topic a little background i will start by explaining a simple known theory known as "Butterfly effect". If you have watched the movie then you know what i mean. If you haven't watched it or run into it at some point then  , In  chaos theory , the  butterfly effect is the sensitive dependency on initial conditions in which a small change at one place in a deterministic  nonlinear system  can result in large differences in a later state. In a nutshell, a butterfly could flap its wings in one part of the world and ...