Skip to main content

Its My "SPECIAL" Day.......

Over the years I have realized that this is what I would call my 'Vanity Blog', I don't write it to get noticed but for it to echo to myself. I have written things here both in drafts and published posts that I would not say out loud to anyone else, I keep doing it because its like a conversation I have with some one out there. Some one I cant see but I know they are out there. Weird as it sounds I find it therapeutic. 
So today is my birthday and I figured, I better just post something about today.......

Like many people, I usually get birthday blues. Its usually a feeling that starts a couple of days before my birthday where I think of the fact that now I have to change my age. The number I use to explain my status in life is going up again. I only actually started to get birthday blues a couple of years ago when I moved to Mombasa. Far away from family, friends and the place I could call home. It really brought out the home sickness in me. Thankfully I had made new friends who numbed the feeling and helped me through it, even though they didn't know that they were. Today is no different, but this time I have a different approach to curing the birthday blues. How about we we look at a few of my birthday mates. 
There are 365 days in a year and there are over 7 billion people alive on earth today. As a child I had it in my mind that my birthday was my birthday, no one else was born on that day and everyone else had a different. Naive I know but the theory stood until I was in my late teens when I met Mary. She was a few years younger than me and we are friends to this day but she was the only other person I had met who had the same birthday as me. To this day I have only met one other person who I share a birthday with.
After a while i realized that I would have a very low chance of meeting birthday mates out on the streets so I decided to google my birthday. It may be a bit narcissistic but I hear some people get their kicks from finding out famous and accomplished people were born on either the same day or the same period. It ends up reinforcing their believes with regards to horoscopes. Some of the entries I found made me smile, happy and in instances laugh out loud. Ill try and pick a few of them.

If anyone has ever been a fan of How I met your mother, I mean a true fan , then you would remember Josh Radnor's character Ted as having a love for poetry and theater. He specifically liked the works of Pablo Neruda, so much so that he saw a future with a girl he found having a copy of it at her house during the "Naked Man" episode. That quickly changed when she said someone had left it at her house and it boring. Pablo Neruda was born on 12th July 1904.

For those who are fans of wrestling then I share a birthday with Brock Lesner, not really something I can breakdown since I was kinda banned from watching wrestling as a child. Since then I have never actually been a fan of it.

Prince Louis II of Monaca was born 12th July 1870,  "While his reign never achieved the grandeur of his father, Louis II left an indelible imprint on the tiny principality. In 1924 the Monaco Football Club was formed and in 1929, the first Grand Prix of Monaco automobile race was held, won by Charles Grover (aka "Williams") driving a Bugatti painted in what would become the famous British racing green color. He collected artifacts belonging to Napoleon I which are now assembled and displayed in the Napoleon Museum attached to the Royal Palace in Monte Carlo." Lifted directly from Wikipedia. 

Now to the two people who I wanted you to compare. Both Bill Cosby(Comedian) and Malala Yousafzai (Nobel peace prize Laureate) were born on July 12th. They were born sixty years apart but both have made their mark in the world. Malala is the youngest person ever to win a noble prize at 17 in 2014 and since then has continued to do charity work. She has received multiple other awards prior to and after receiving the Nobel prize, including a Grammy award for Best children's Album in 2015 titled "I am Malala"
Bill Cosby however was once termed as America's sitcom dad. I remember watching his stand ups, sitcoms and shows like Kids say the darnest things. He has however been on trial fro sexual misconduct and even though it ended in a mistrial, he will be retried starting November 2017.

Feeling a little better about these Birthday blues so I guess i better stop writing and make the best of ti. Some more people who I share a birthday with are

Michelle Rodriguez - Fast and the furious franchise
Natalie La Rosa - Singer
Erick Per Sullivan -  The youngest sibling from Malcolm In the Middle

 The list goes on and on. Makes me feel better that as I celebrate my birthday, I have great people who I can share the joys with me both in my life and those who are not.

Happy birthday to me.....




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Always looking out for number 1

I just got a new job that is sales in nature , my previous job was an I.T. position which gave me a chance to compare the differences between humans and machines. A machine is supposed to be predictable ,with a particular set of inputs you get a particular set of outputs. A human is supposed to be unpredictable where one group wants to go left there is this guy who always wants to go right. However, I realized that machines can be at some point unpredictable while the humans vice versa. A human will be predictable in that every little situation you bring to him will only flow with your idea if and only if it is of some benefit to them. That brings me to the basis of this topic today, number in is you and your immediate interests and issues if importance. With that being said, I would love to burst the bubbles of certain individuals who seem to rely too much on other people. If you are an adult and probably approaching middle age, you are of three different levels of life : accomplis

She ain't going nowhere.....

Loneliness has always been a a friend of mine, way back when my thoughts were my own and very few people knew of my very existence.  Today the loneliness is back and it's back with a vengeance. "So what you upto tonight?" Asked John knocking me out of my deep thoughts. "Nothing much , got some writing to do and the words are at my finger tips and I don't want to lose them." I replied. John has always wanted the best for me, sort of like the big brother I never had. He opened up his doors to me this time when Mary threw me out for the first time. Who is Mary you ask. Where to start about Mary, well she was my first love and the first person who knew me behind the curtain I raised for most people. What did I do to get kicked out...  "STOP DAYDREAMING DUDE!!!" John screamed while shaking me. I hadn't noticed I had just wondered off. "Okay Bro,  since you are determined to stray my thoughts what do you have in mind?" I said hoping he

Why do I do what I do

One of my favorite thought provoking songs is Tracy chapman's "fast car". Those who haven't heard it should go ahead and listen to it, a line in the song states "Leave tonight or live and die this way". It's a hot Monday morning and you are at your desk at work listening to another boring customer who for one reason or the other believes they can get you to do what they want even if it's contrary to all laws or norms. You day dream a bit of where you would rather be at that point in time. Maybe you like mountain climbing and at that very moment you are in the Himalayas with a bunch of Sherpas or you are an avid swimmer crossing the English Channel. You could be anywhere right now but that doesn't seem possible right now on your desk, does it? Why doesn't it seem possible? Well I guess it could be the mortgage you have on your house that needs paying, the car loan that for some reason doesn't seem to go anywhere coz you are upgrading cars