Skip to main content

To first love letters..........

Millennials , as they call them, do not know this feeling. They grew up on text messages and emails. They could snapchat and Facebook message stuff. They could send videos of themselves on whatsapp and all that new tech stuff.
Just realized something, they would categorize me as a millennial.
Millenial or otherwise I know what that feeling was like, when someone hands you a letter. Whatever the color of the envelope , you could feel the excitement building up inside of you, It could be anyone, mother may be telling you to expect them on visiting day, An aunt may have sent a letter with some money folded inside of it. All this sounds like boarding school behavior, it actually is. The days when people used to dedicate songs to each other on the bottom of the letter. My personal favorite was "I need a girl" by p diddy. 
To be totally honest, I never actually was a ladies man in high school. I was in a mixed high school but just having the girls there was good enough. I was a shy kid in high school, I am still friends with a lot of the guys I was in high school then and they can corroborate the story. I was a few grades shy of a geek but a few muscles shy of a dork. Where does that leave a guy like me, the class clown. I always kept them laughing. That was high school, when I was younger I got to experience my first love letter. Ever had words just made you smile, you could be sitting in a court room about to face the death penalty but there is always something out there that could make you smile
When I was a kid, I met a girl. When I say I was a kid, I was probably 11 years old. I met a girl that I wanted to spend all the time I had with. If I was to describe anything else about her, it wouldn't make sense that I was 11 at the time. You already know I was shy when I was a teenager so what do you think I behaved like when I was 11. Well, I wasn't doing very good during that age either but I had a girlfriend so I guess I was doing something right.
People today use texts, email and hand delivered notes. That sounds really easy but what does a shy kid do to pass on a message? Well my girlfriend at 11 figured that the perfect way to deliver a message to me was to slide it under the door. The large metal gate to be precise. Now , I was a very snobbish kid so I most probably didn't see it when she did. Someone else intercepted it, any guesses who. If you guessed my mother then you were right.
My mother intercepted my first love letter. Sad, I know. But do want to know what the saddest part of it all was? She rad it to me......

Kevin,
 I know we are young but I feel you and I don't
want you to be away from me

****

There are only a few things in life that are worse than hearing your mother read words from a love letter intended for you. I could feel my insides tightens but nothing could prepare me for the follow up lecture. At 11 even years old I was given the birds and the bees talk and not to trust women.


I learned one thing from the this whole ordeal..............Always send emails


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Always looking out for number 1

I just got a new job that is sales in nature , my previous job was an I.T. position which gave me a chance to compare the differences between humans and machines. A machine is supposed to be predictable ,with a particular set of inputs you get a particular set of outputs. A human is supposed to be unpredictable where one group wants to go left there is this guy who always wants to go right. However, I realized that machines can be at some point unpredictable while the humans vice versa. A human will be predictable in that every little situation you bring to him will only flow with your idea if and only if it is of some benefit to them. That brings me to the basis of this topic today, number in is you and your immediate interests and issues if importance. With that being said, I would love to burst the bubbles of certain individuals who seem to rely too much on other people. If you are an adult and probably approaching middle age, you are of three different levels of life : accomplis

She ain't going nowhere.....

Loneliness has always been a a friend of mine, way back when my thoughts were my own and very few people knew of my very existence.  Today the loneliness is back and it's back with a vengeance. "So what you upto tonight?" Asked John knocking me out of my deep thoughts. "Nothing much , got some writing to do and the words are at my finger tips and I don't want to lose them." I replied. John has always wanted the best for me, sort of like the big brother I never had. He opened up his doors to me this time when Mary threw me out for the first time. Who is Mary you ask. Where to start about Mary, well she was my first love and the first person who knew me behind the curtain I raised for most people. What did I do to get kicked out...  "STOP DAYDREAMING DUDE!!!" John screamed while shaking me. I hadn't noticed I had just wondered off. "Okay Bro,  since you are determined to stray my thoughts what do you have in mind?" I said hoping he

Why do I do what I do

One of my favorite thought provoking songs is Tracy chapman's "fast car". Those who haven't heard it should go ahead and listen to it, a line in the song states "Leave tonight or live and die this way". It's a hot Monday morning and you are at your desk at work listening to another boring customer who for one reason or the other believes they can get you to do what they want even if it's contrary to all laws or norms. You day dream a bit of where you would rather be at that point in time. Maybe you like mountain climbing and at that very moment you are in the Himalayas with a bunch of Sherpas or you are an avid swimmer crossing the English Channel. You could be anywhere right now but that doesn't seem possible right now on your desk, does it? Why doesn't it seem possible? Well I guess it could be the mortgage you have on your house that needs paying, the car loan that for some reason doesn't seem to go anywhere coz you are upgrading cars