Skip to main content

I AM AN ADDICT ......PART 6

Hi I'm Kevin and I'm an addict......
I actually don't feel low today. Not that my problems have gone away just that I have encountered bigger problems. It came as a realization that the last time I decided to get sober all my energies were driven towards work and I actually excelled. With that the motto " The power is within me" comes to mind. The only time I ever felt like using was when I was idle. Sufficed to say I have been a hard worker in recent days and don't seem to slowing down. So what kind of bigger problems have I run into? Well Lets just call them work problems and when they do happen I just keep my head down and concentrate on the matters at hand. I reiterate that I haven't been absolved of my addiction but I sure as hell am ding my best to kick it...

Thanks for letting me share.
Hi I'm Kevin and I'm an addict...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She killed him.........................

A man’s primary purpose in life is to provide, both for the present and the future. Often, nothing he possesses naturally is seen as inherently valuable. For a woman, however, the opposite is true, as she is born with much of what is deemed valuable for the species. It's a rather bleak topic to discuss, yet it reflects a truth we have come to understand. Recently, I buried a great man who did everything right, though it wasn’t enough to earn him the long life he so deserved. Born and raised in poverty, he was on his way to becoming the best in his field, until he met someone he couldn't resist. As a child, he encountered a beautiful girl whom he believed could walk on water. Their young love blossomed in the dusty, rural farmlands of western Kenya, only for life’s circumstances to separate them for nearly two decades. During their time apart, he built a foundation that his peers from the village could only dream of. From barefoot maize harvests in the village to excelling at a ...

IT ALMOST DIDNT HAPPEN

The Pachelbel Canon in D Major, the universal sound used at a wedding when a bride to be is walking down the aisle. I know this, because the organist is about to play that right now. This is my wedding, not a practice run and not a dream but my actual wedding. Got the church , the honored guests and my grooms men. My best friend behind me, my little brother behind him and my cousin rounding up the list. All dressed in white as per the bride's instructions and all looking nervous and somewhat unhappy since I don't want to show my true expression and end up looking sheepish on the wedding video. The theme for the wedding is white and gold, not black and blue for those not genetically gifted(Sorry a social media joke that I hope someone gets). The gold was my choice while the white was hers, shocking that I had a say in the wedding but contrary to popular belief about men arranging weddings the colors are holding together. Flowers on the aisles showing white roses with gold bow...

Do you hear the sounds or do you just choose not to listen....

I watched a documentary some time ago by a member of the Johnson and Johnson family called "Born Rich", if you are fascinated by how the top 1% lives then you should definitely check it out. Coming from wealthy family, Jamie Johnson , wanted to understand how wealth affects the children of the billionaires and millionaires of today. He interviewed his fellow wealthy friends and other ordinary people to get a feel of it all. I won't regal you with the details but the common theme that I personally gleaned from the whole documentary is that rich people do not like talking about their money. The group of wealthy individuals who have passed down their wealth from one generation to the next especially do not like discussing money seem overly offended when the subject is brought up.  So what does that have to do with daily life, well the top 1% exist everywhere and a better way to explain those stats is comparison of wealthy people. It's a simple truth that the United State...