Skip to main content

I AM A ADDICT PART 12 - THE CONCLUSION

 Hi Everyone, my name is Kevin and i am an addict.

It’s been 1,360 days since I last shared and not to tempt fate but, I think I am healed. It has been a crazy roller coaster ride of relapses, stuff that i may not be proud off crossing my mind and generally the kind of pain and trauma that i never thought I would make it out off.

I started through this journey of recovery maybe 5 or 6 years ago and during that time i think i have learned more than i thought i would. My vision is a lot more clearer and even though i am a lot more hardy than i was, i think that its all for the best.

I really don’t need to share more than that.

Thank you for all those who stood with me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She killed him.........................

A man’s primary purpose in life is to provide, both for the present and the future. Often, nothing he possesses naturally is seen as inherently valuable. For a woman, however, the opposite is true, as she is born with much of what is deemed valuable for the species. It's a rather bleak topic to discuss, yet it reflects a truth we have come to understand. Recently, I buried a great man who did everything right, though it wasn’t enough to earn him the long life he so deserved. Born and raised in poverty, he was on his way to becoming the best in his field, until he met someone he couldn't resist. As a child, he encountered a beautiful girl whom he believed could walk on water. Their young love blossomed in the dusty, rural farmlands of western Kenya, only for life’s circumstances to separate them for nearly two decades. During their time apart, he built a foundation that his peers from the village could only dream of. From barefoot maize harvests in the village to excelling at a ...

Someone needs to shoot the DEEJAY....

Expensive drinks and high cover charges, that's the price I pay for a hassle free night in a club with great ambience. A great night to me is rated against some distinct markers. Company,  choice of beverage and location.  Company ,if it's not your usual crew, has to be put together systematically to ensure you don't end up with troublemakers but with more fun loving and well behaved people.  The choice of beverage is just dictated by location and company. House parties should have more hard liquor than beers while the club scene requires more portability with regards to cans and bottles for the more agile of this generation. The last and usually most important, location location location. What goes into a location; distance,  cost, ratio of the sexes,  neighborhood and the music. If you are already used to certain clubs then the only variable present is the sexes and music.  Unless you are bringing your own company then the ratio doesn't bother you much b...

Read, it isn't illegal yet....

A little fault with our generation today is, we don't read as much as we should. I know the story of romeo and juliet but I have never read the play, I know of someone who was called Confucios but I cannot recall a single word of wisdom.  Its with this premise i point out a sentence from a famous Nicholas Cage Movie (Lord Of War). 'Evil prevails when good men fail to Act. Poetic as these words are, I cannot base my life or career behind them. Most of us give ourselves the title of good men but we probably wouldn't quit our jobs because the company we work for employs slave labour in harvesting its crops, we wouldn't boycott the purchase of a product because some kids in china are in sweatshops making them for meagre wages etc.  Don't think, not for one second that a person in authority would like the status quo to change. This is simply because it's either profitable or more comfortable for them. How many politicians have been elected to lead certain areas and l...